This quick, easy and healthy pasta dish will give you 4 of your 5 a day in one serving and it’s nice and bright too – perfect to brighten up those dull days! It reheats well or can be just as tasty cold for a lunch on the go if you don’t have access to a microwave or stove to reheat.
|Portions of fruit/veggies per portion:||4|
- 80g dried wholewheat pasta
- 80g cherry tomatoes
- 80g carrot
- 1/2 medium onion (about 80g)
- 1 jarred pepper (or a fresh pepper)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Parmesan to top it (optional but tasty)
- Small saucepan
- Small frying pan
- Chopping board and knife
- Zyliss manual food processor (optional but saves time chopping!)
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £15.99Was: £25.99
- Wack the kettle on to boil and pop your pasta in the pan with some salt to season, once water has boiled then cover the pasta and cook for recommended time.
- This is where using my favourite kitchen aid comes into play to save time… the Zyliss manual food processor – it’s awesome and chops in seconds! Cut the 1/2 onion into 1/4’s or just small enough to fit in the Zyliss and do the same with the carrot – pull that cord a few times and voila, finely chopped! Tip this out into a small frying pan and pop the pepper and tomatoes in and go again. Empty this into the frying pan too and add a drizzle of olive oil. Turn into a high heat and fry the veggies off for 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, basil, oregano and salt and pepper to season and turn down the heat. Cook for a further 5 minutes 4. Drain the pasta once ready and put back in the pan, tip the veggies in and mix, cook for a further minute then grate the Parmesan over the top and serve!
Gina & Tom @ Parenting Creations
Enjoy our post? Please pin it – Sharing’s caring after all! Thanks! 🙂